The doctors at Novant Health Milestone Family Medicine are board certified in internal medicine. This medical specialty deals with the long-term, comprehensive management of both common and complex medical illnesses of patients age 16 and older. Internal medicine physicians typically treat internal disorders such as diabetes, gastrointestinal tract problems, allergies, immune system abnormalities, stress-related disorders and many other problems.
The internists at Novant Health Milestone Family Medicine provide the following services:
- Annual physical exams including lab tests
- Care for acute illnesses (Click here to learn more about our Weekend Sick Clinic.)
- Care for chronic illnesses including diabetes, hypertension and heart disease
- Treatment for common health problems including allergies, infections, influenza and pneumonia
- Immunizations including the annual flu vaccine
- Work physical exams
Our office encourages you to seek medical care before you are sick. Annual physical exams offer you a chance to get to know your provider, and gives your provider a chance to learn about your medical history and catch small problems before they become serious.